Mold is nasty stuff, and it can infest your home faster than you realize. It only needs a bit of moisture, some warmth, and a little organic material for food to get a start. Regular mold inspections by our trained experts reduce your risks, but you should also watch for common signs.

Visual Signs of Mold

Most common molds start to show up as a black or green patch, but other varieties might be white or orange. Initial spots can blend in with the surrounding area, and white molds are notorious for camouflaging themselves on painted surfaces.

The condition of your walls and fixtures gives them away:

  • Peeling or cracked paint
  • Bulges forming in the walls
  • Damp feeling on porous surfaces
  • Water stains or rust spots

A small moldy patch on a wall isn’t always a big concern. Just wash it away, but if it returns, you could have a more serious problem. Larger colonies of mold often hide between walls.

The Sniff Test                                              

Even when molds are invisible, you may still detect them by the odor. The musty scent permeates the entire house. The greater the infestation, the stronger the odor. When your home has poor ventilation, molds grow faster, but the still air also holds more of the smell. You will notice the moldy air when you enter the room.

Are You Suffering From Mold Related Sickness?

A small amount of mold is usually harmless, but in sufficient quantities, it damages your air quality. Mold aggravates allergies and might make you sick.

Do you have any of these symptoms:

  • Headaches and dizziness
  • Wheezing or difficulty breathing
  • Itchy burning eyes
  • Poor concentration
  • Fits of Dizziness
  • Memory problems

Many confuse these symptoms for the common cold or other allergies, and the problems persist. For these illnesses to subside, moldy areas require treatment.

Professional Mold Inspections

We inspect your location for risk factors and perform professional mold testing to find invisible colonies that may damage your health. Mold Masters can also help you get rid of stubborn moldy spots. Give us a call at (800) 371-4199 or send us a message today.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.
You need to agree with the terms to proceed