Mold Masters conducts visual examinations of the buildings environmental condition. The typical process begins with an inspection and assessment of water damage and extent of contamination visibly present. Further examination is sometimes necessary in certain cases to determine if any hidden contamination is present within wall cavities, etc.
All inspections and consultations include the evaluation of existing mold damage in the property using the highest quality sampling equipment and latest testing technology. Testing also includes the investigation of environmental conditions that may be causing mold to grow as well as identification of those items that may need repair or replacement.
The inspection also identifies moisture intrusion areas as well as non-visible parts such as wall cavities, where mold can grow undetected by the human eye.
When this portion of the inspection is complete, our report will provide clear answers on amounts and type of mold that has been found, if any, and whether it is considered toxic or not. The answers will be given in the form of a comprehensive evaluation of the building that includes a thorough walk-through, sampling of air, substances and surfaces, and a complete report that will include:
1. Lab Analysis of samples (if samples were taken)
2. Findings, moisture testing results.
3. Remediation (removal) steps, if necessary
4. Environmental Guidelines
5. Preventive maintenance measures and recommendations
6. Photos and Diagrams
Some Key Points:
- A typical inspection of a property lasts approximately one to two hours and may take longer depending on square footage. Each inspection is different and the number of mold samples will vary depending on size of property and scope of work. An outside sample is always taken as a comparison or baseline to interior samples taken. Therefore, if air sampling is conducted, the client should expect a minimum of two samples to be taken on any given inspection.
- During the course of the inspection, Mold Masters, Inc. will examine the overall condition of the property. After the inspection is performed, collected samples will promptly be sent to a microbiology lab for analysis. Turn around time for lab analysis and complete reports are available from same day to one week. Costs will vary depending on the turnaround times requested.
- If mold abatement (removal) is necessary, an estimate for work will be provided with mold evaluation report.
Mold Masters provides emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our emergency services include water damage mitigation, fire and smoke damage, mold and biohazard remediation, board-up and tarping services, complete reconstruction, catastrophe response and mitigation services, and much more. With some of the most highly trained and qualified technicians and the best equipped vehicles and equipment in the country, we have the know-how and capacity to secure damaged property quickly and efficiently, helping to minimize secondary damage.
Whether cleaned on-site or packed-out and cleaned later in a controlled environment, skilled Mold Masters technicians are able to clean, sanitize and deodorize most household contents that appear at first to be unrecoverable. Through the use of the latest in cleaning technology, precious keepsakes may be kept rather than lost forever.
After the fire is put out, the water is extracted, the structure dried, the odor removed, the mold remediated, and the contents cleaned, there is often still the issue of returning the physical structure back to pre-loss condition. Mold Masters provides reliable structure restoration services. Our expert craftsmen are renowned as the best in the industry. Mold Masters technicians are respectful of clients properties while trying to minimize inconvenience to our clients or their properties occupants during the restoration process.
Available around the clock, our expert catastrophe teams can mobilize quickly to handle any size loss. With over 10 years experience in providing large scale, commercial property drying and reconstruction, Mold Masters International can assist with all of your catastrophe restoration needs through its affiliation with 10 national recovery centers and over 300 immediate response centers throughout North America.
Why is Mold Testing Necessary?
Owner Liability / Health Risks
It helps determine types and concentrations of potentially toxic molds, which assists the assessor in determining whether or not an environment is habitable or needs to be vacated. This in turn helps to avoid exposing inhabitants and workers to potential health effects that may be related to mold contamination. Since there currently are no permissible exposure limits regarding mold exposure and susceptibility varies from person to person, it is highly recommended that testing be conducted to determine if contamination is at potentially toxic levels. Performing the initial testing will provide the owner with the protection of due diligence in case of a formal complaint or lawsuit filed by the occupant.
It assists the assessor in providing the most accurate mold abatement project estimate, thereby saving the customer money by avoiding the need for change orders if mold abatement becomes necessary. If an estimate is provided by visual inspection only, the size, price and scope will based on only what is seen, measured, and guesstimated. And since mold degrades building materials that it grows on, it should be removed as soon as possible so as not to cause further, more extensive damage that can result in added costs.