The Dangers of Living With Mold
Homeowners can keep mold at bay by keeping humidity levels low and ensuring all rooms are adequately ventilated. In the event mold does develop, it needs to be removed immediately. When a professional mold inspection reveals the presence of mold, action should be taken or all people in the vicinity will suffer from significant health problems.
Perfectly healthy people may suddenly experience wheezing and coughing when around mold. People with pre-existing conditions, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, are at a greater risk of experiencing significant respiratory issues.
In the event mold particles interact with the skin, it can leave behind dermatitis or rashes. It can cause the nose, eyes and skin to have a burning sensation. Additional complications include a yeast infection of athlete’s foot.
Your immune system will be able to provide you with some protection against mold particles, but it may not be capable of holding everything off. This can lead to a respiratory infection and will be particularly harmful to individuals who already have compromised immune systems.
This condition typically only develops when a building is home to black mold. It can lead to the lungs bleeding. It can even lead to connective tissue damage and kidney problems. This is a severe problem that occurs only after a person has been exposed to the mold for a long period of time.
This is a lung inflammation and can develop after a brief exposure to mold. In fact, it can develop after only 12 hours of exposure. Some of this condition’s primary symptoms include:
- Body aches
- Shortness of breathing
- Extreme coughing
Prompt mold removal is essential for your family’s well-being. Contact Mold Masters right away at 800-371-4199 if you suspect mold is growing in your house, and we will send a qualified expert to provide you with peace of mind.